Sunday, February 17, 2008

Introductions


Merry Meet!!

I’m Gaelyn Moonraven and I was born in New England in 1962. I became interested in ancient religious systems when I was twelve years old. I identify strongly with Norse religious systems and pantheons and incorporate them into my Christian worship. I am an Episcopalian but have drifted closer to the Catholic Church. I got my degree in philosophy and metaphysics and ethics from Brown and I was initiated in the Craft of the Wise through the Tribe of Danu Coven, now retired. I self initiated to the second and third degree and was Eldered this Summer Solstice by the Sisters of the Oak Coven in Somerset, England.

I met my earth goddess, Aslinn Dhan Dragonhawk, last year through her circle of eclectic sisters. We have been together for a year and are engaged to be married in the Spring of 2009. This is the first time I have dated and been engaged to a sister witch. We run an eclectic but primarily Christian Witch Coven together.

My specialties in the Craft are scrying, astral projection, and exorcism.

I’m Aslinn Dhan Dragonhawk and I was born in Appalachia in 1967. I became interested in the Craft from an early age. I discovered that I had a great uncle who was telekinetic and a great grandmother who was a witch and a fortune teller who taught me to tell fortunes with playing cards. I went from religion to religion until I converted to Catholicism. After my husband died I went to college and met Celeste, the woman who would be my mentor in the Craft. She was the first to talk about the difference in Wicca which is religion and witchcraft which is a practice. She was also the first to call me a Christian Witch.

I have been a practicing witch for ten years. I was initiated into my tradition by my circle sisters of eclectic witches. I self initiated the second and third degree and was Croned in Somerset, England this past Summer solstice by the Sisters of the Oak Coven. I have a degree in English and Education and I am an aspiring writer and I paint, draw, sew and embroider and crochet and make medieval and witch gifts.

I meet with my circle sisters twice a year and we add to our Books of Shadows, do speed spelling and renew our energies. I met my old goat, Gaelyn, through my sisters who like to match make and we are engaged to be married. We were handfasted last Easter by my circle sisters to cement our relationship.

My specialties are crystal gazing, dream interpretation, tarot and playing card reading and protection spells and potion making and herbology and aromatherapy.

Brightest Blessings Be,
Aslinn and Gaelyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, came across your blog and thought I'd introduce myself. I am a Christian with interests in meditation, mythology, tarot and various esoteric subjects. I blog from http://mattstone.blogs.com if you're ever interested in chatting.